To keep ticket prices low and fund member activities throughout the year, Austin SCBWI holds a Silent Auction every year at its annual conference. Silent Auction Coordinators Sandy Powers and Kyle Carroll are busy collecting a great list of items for the 2016 Writers & Illustrators Working Conference.
We can still use your help to make this Austin SCBWI's best fund-raiser ever. If you would like to donate a piece of art, a gift basket with your critique group, or a gift card that can be put into a gift card tree, email Sandy. You can also help by asking your work or friends to donate something from their businesses, as appropriate.
Here are some of the things you can look forward to seeing on the silent auction tables in 2016:
* Signed paperbacks of Goblin Secrets, Ghoulish Song and Ambassador from National Book Award winner William Alexander
* 1/2 hour phone calls with agent Marietta Zacker to answer questions about the industry
* Portfolio critique with award-winning author/illustrator Molly Idle
* Full manuscript picture book critique with Schwartz and Wade editor Stephanie Pitts
* Query critique and 1/2 hour phone call (general consultation on publishing/agent search) with agent Peter Knapp
* Picture book critique (fiction or non-fiction) with author Donna Janell Bowman
* New copy of SCBWI's THE BOOK: THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO PUBLISHING FOR CHILDREN (donated by author Donna Janell Bowman)
* Written critique on 10-page manuscript sample by author Jennifer Ziegler
* Weekend ranch getaway donated by Meredith Davis
* Overnight stay including breakfast at the Crowne Plaza Austin
* 1-year membership plus 1 class with Writers League of Texas
* 1 entrance for lecture in Advanced Writer Weekend with New York Times best-selling author Libba Bray and agent Barry Goldblatt at The Writing Barn
* First-chapter critique with Yellow Bird Editors
* Kindle Fire HD donated by Austin Family magazine
* 11×14 illustration print by Patrice Barton
* Framed print of original artwork by Vanessa Roeder
* 1-hour personal training session with DJ Olsson
* Haircut and style with Vanessa at Path Salon
* Pet portrait session with Susan Kay Dunning
* SCBWI membership
* 1.5-hour Nutritional consultation with Amy Reynolds
* YMCA 3-month family membership, water bottle and coffee mug
* Kokeshi dolls decorated by local artists
* Gift baskets
* Gift cards
And lots more!
Email Sandy to donate an item — art, book sculpture, nesting doll, basket, gift card or whatever. You can also bring your donation to the conference Saturday morning during registration.
Thank YOU to our generous faculty and our amazing SCBWI members!
Y'all make the silent auction a success! We look forward to seeing you at the 2016 Writers & Illustrators Working Conference in May.